A 3D City Model is a 3D representation of a major Australian and New Zealand CBD’s. Each model is painstakingly constructed to a set level of detail using 3D Studio Max and a specialised authorware that produces 3D models from stereo pair data and aerial photography captured using helicopters or light wing aircraft. The resulting 3D model is to real world scale and orientation and each is available in a variety of 3D formats.
- 14 city models available across Australia and New Zealand
- Textured or untextured (grey) format
- E very City Model product will be broken up into individual city blocks delivered as a separate file per output format. Shop awnings are optional.
- Accurate to real-world scale and orientation
- Quicker loading than photo images
- Less detailed than 3D landmarks
- Switchable imagery provides flexibility
- Photo realistic representations of major road junctions
- Locality awareness
Simple mesh model derived from extrusion of roof polygons down to ground level.
Each city block has its base set to z-height=0.
Each city block has its own origin/tie point at a corner within its footprint.
A pipe (|) delimited text file is also supplied listing the city block model file path/number &
tie point (X,Y) in WGS 84 format to help with alignment.
Any visible overhang that impacts on roadway to be excluded where practical.
Pedestrian overpasses across roadways to be excluded.
Polygons: approx 50 polygons per building.
Density: All buildings.
- View fact sheet.pdf